Friday 1 July 2016

Chaos wins out this week! Or does it? At least not completely!!!

The chaos seems to have escalated this week!  I feel as if I have been riding some sort of emotional rollercoaster for the last few days and that I have finally found myself upside down in one of those gravity defying loops!  The week started with an emergency trip to a well know airport to pick up a stranded friend, included a visit to the Doctors (which is probably best described as a challenge) and, then, ended with me having to go back and forth to the garage to sort out my ailing car!  The impact of this "all over the place" week on my boys probably requires a post all of its own!  Let's just say, its been a little tricky!!!  Ummm, that is probably the understatement of the year!!!  Its been very tricky leaving me somewhat frazzled!!!  And, the icing on the cake is I now feel "pants" with raging sore throat, aching limbs and cotton wool brain!!!  And on that note, I really must head to bed before time runs away with me which it has a habit of doing once I starting typing away.

However, before I sign off, I need to say that in the midst of the chaos and all the challenges that go with it, there have been moments of complete joy!  My littlest boy who's speech is delayed finally said "Mummy" and I don't think he has stopped saying it since!!!  My eldest couldn't stop giggling when we played a silly game and when I joined in his game of "making dens", his face shone and you would have thought that all his Christmases had come at once. 

I remember once writing, rather a long time ago now, that adoption was possibly the biggest emotional roller coaster I had ever ridden and I think this week underlines that!!!  Its been chaotic, joyful, challenging, stressful, sad, happy and a million other things all mixed in together!!!  But would I change it - even in the most challenging, most stressful, most difficult moments?  The answer is an easy ... no!  I realise this might not be the same for everyone or that it might change at different points but right now, in this moment, I do not regret stepping onto the rollercoaster!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment